I'm astonished to hear that the Dead Sea Scrolls have been translated to abc,
it's more versatile than I thought ;)   But all kidding aside, the ultimate value
of tunes as a resource is to be found when you've got a sizeable quantity of
them freely available for expert users (and here, by the way, I refer to
expert users of the _tunes_, not expert users of software or computers)
to index, compare, listen, comment on, and quickly contribute to the
growing quantity of source material.   abc strikes a pretty good balance of
being machine parsable (in spite of some nasties like line-end treatments)
and human-writeable.   Now if we could only embed a GIF into the abc,
life would be perfect (just mark up the paper and scan it in...!)

wil

--
Wil Macaulay                         email:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
voice:  +1-(905)-886-7818  xt2253    FAX:     +1-(905)-886-7824