Laurie Griffiths wrote:

> He calls xx0233 (notes are xxDADG) "Dsus4" presumably because there is a 4th
> but no third.
> Alas, he doesn't quote x32011 as a chord at all (notes xCEGCF)
> Would he call it Cadd11 (because it has both a third and a fourth) or would
> he call it Csus4.

Definitely Cadd11. The sus suffix specifically implies that the 3rd is
missing from the chord.

> My confidence that he knows his stuff is eroded a little by the absence of
> 076700 as a version of E7. (If you have a guitar, try it.  It's the best
> seventh on the instrument).  He quotes only 020100 or 022130.

I agree, though I personally prefer 076750 or 0XX434 or even 0x6430. But
don't be to critical, Laurie. He calls the list a "Common Chord
Archive". There are dozens of ways to play every chord on a guitar, and
you can't expect him to list all alternatives.

Frank Nordberg
http://www.musicaviva.com
-------