Frank Nordberg wrote:

> Just like to tell everybody at abcusers that I've just posted a complete
> ABC edition of Tielman Susato's "Danserye"

Hey great, thats really nice.

> My transcriptions raises a few interesting questions regarding
> ABC-versions of early music. Should we add barlines? How do we disern
> between original and editorial accidentals? etc. etc. etc.
> Anybody's views on those question are much apreciated.

I usually use "#"A or "b"A to show editorial accidentals.
About the barlines, I would primarily say no, lets give the source as
pure as possible, but maybe for the sake of usability just add a note:
no barlines in the source. I would find it much better to write the
music voice after voice.  It is not really possible to read the four
voices in paralell in the abc text anyway and it is complicate to
extract parts for playing.
I still find that programmers should enable voice after voice input. The
way it is here simply mixes up text matters and layout matters (not your
fault).

Simon Wascher - Vienna, Austria