    James> Someone incorrectly writes:
    >>
    >> : James is adamant that abc2midi won't play a repeat unless there's
    >> : a balanced begin/end.
    >>

    James> Damn! Take a day off work and someone decides to put nonsense words
    James> in your mouth! Just for the record, abc2midi does have code in there
    James> to guess the start of repeats when the start of repeat is missing.

It was me.  If there's code in there, it doesn't work consistently.
Attached is a score with four parts, two of which (like most printed
music) don't have begin repeats at the beginning of the piece, and the
MIDI file which results from running the score through abc2midi.

Laura (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139