> There's nowhere in the tune body where you can place a single
> field and have it apply to all voices.

There is nowhere in any ABC spec that explicitly allows that yet,
but it is common for medleys to be made up of tunes by different
composers or from different sources, so the informational fields
should be permitted within a tune body as applying to all voices.
(Having different voices by different composers is possible, as
in some mediaeval music, but much less common).

And of course P: needs to be like this, so that the playing order
for multi-voice music can be controlled in an intuitively obvious
way.

It's hard to see how %%Bfly directives could be done any differently
if more than one per tune were allowed - these have to start a line.
And I don't see any other way you could get some effects, e.g. varying
the slur curvature within a single piece (I spend more time faking
that with a graphics editor than in compensating for any other missing
feature in BarFly).