> I have implemented the transpose clause on the sound, but I wasn't sure
> about the score. You have confirmed that transpose should not be
> reflected there. My progam does not yet implement the 'middle' clause,
> and automatically positions the notes on the score according to pitch.
> There are also differences between the various display modes available.

I didn't know of this transpose clause but I have found it handy to both be
able to just change the sound and to change the whole thing. I quite like
the the way Cakewalk goes about it. In the edit menu, there is a transpose
function that can be used to re-calculate the note values to put the tune in
a different key. For each track, there is a key+/- option allowing you to
write for transposing instruments which incidently includes my tenor banjo -
that is one of the instruments that plays an octave (key -12) lower than
written.

Jon