Neil Jennings writes:
|  My program HARMONY does a reasonable job, although the transpose -24
| isn't  reflected in the score display, and it therefore automatically
| adjusts the clef to Treble! It also looks a bit odd where the tune
| crosses from treble to bass clef  (using Open score mode)

Actually, the "clef=bass middle=d" should suffice to  get  the  notes
positioned  on the staff correctly.  The "transpose=-24" is mostly of
interest when generating a sound file, saying that the notes  are  to
sound  two  octaves below the default pitch.  It can be handy to have
these note-to-staff and note-to-pitch mappings independent. People do
write music for instruments with several different ranges on the same
part of the staff.

| I am not quite sure what (T  signifies, I will have to look it up. The
| program has taken it as a slur

It usually means a trill, the "TR"  ligature  above  the  note.   But
there's a scheme to (re)define ornaments now.  I wonder how widely it
has been implemented?