Abram,

Thanks for the comments.

I think probability is just one way to deal with uncertainty. Defeasible
reasoning is another. Non-monotonic logic of various implementations.

I often think that probability is the wrong way to do some things regarding
AGI design.

Maybe things can't be known with super high confidence, but we still want as
high confidence as reasonably possible. Once we have that, we just have to
have working assumptions and working hypotheses. From there we need the
ability to update beliefs if we can find a reason to think the beliefs are
wrong...

Dave