For a distributed AGI this is a fundamental problem. Difference is that a
power grid is such a fixed network. A distributed AGI need not be that
fixed, it could lose chunks of itself but grow them out somewhere else.
Though a distributed AGI could be required to run as a fixed network.

Some traditional telecommunications networks are power grid like. They have
a drastic amount of stability and healing functions built-in as have been
added over time.

Solutions for large-scale network stabilities would vary per network
topology, function, etc.. Virtual networks play a large part, this would be
related to the network's ability to reconstruct itself meaning knowing how
to heal, reroute, optimize and grow..

John