In my view the main obstacle to AGI is the understanding of Natural
Language. If we have NL comprehension we have the basis for doing a whole
host of marvellous things.

There is the Turing test. A good question to ask is "What is the difference
between laying concrete at 50C and fighting Israel. Google translated "wsT
jw AlmErkp or وسط جو المعركة " as "central air battle". Correct is "the
climatic environmental battle" or a more free translation would be "the
battle against climate and environment". In Turing competitions no one ever
asks the questions that really would tell AGI apart from a brand X
chatterbox.

http://sites.google.com/site/aitranslationproject/Home/formalmethods

<http://sites.google.com/site/aitranslationproject/Home/formalmethods>We can
I think say that anything which can carry out the program of my blog would
be well on its way. AGI will also be the link between NL and
formal mathematics. Let me take yet another example.

http://sites.google.com/site/aitranslationproject/deepknowled

Google translated it as 4 times the temperature. Ponder this, you have in
fact 3 chances to get this right.

1)  درجة means degree. GT has not translated this word. In this context it
means "power".

2) If you search for "Stefan Boltzmann" or "Black Body" Google gives you the
correct law.

3) The translation is obviously mathematically incorrect from the
dimensional stand-point.

This 3 things in fact represent different aspects of knowledge. In AGI they
all have to be present.

The other interesting point is that there are programs in existence now that
will address the last two questions. A translator that produces OWL solves
"2".

If we match up AGI to Mizar we can put dimensions into the proof engine.

There are a great many things on the Web which will solve specific problems.
NL is *THE* problem since it will allow navigation between the different
programs on the Web.

MOLTO BTW does have its mathematical parts even though it is primerally
billed as a translator.

  - Ian Parker