Numbers combined together are a form of language that can form every
other language.

and...

If you insist on using a "natural language", why don't you use the
language most natural to computers - ie code ( which can directly
translates to numbers - machine language ...)

Code is better because you can automatically test then observe to see if
your new code combination works. It's also more pedantic and doesn't
allow ambiguity.

On Sun, 2010-07-18 at 21:28 +0100, Ian Parker wrote:
> In my view the main obstacle to AGI is the understanding of Natural
> Language. If we have NL comprehension we have the basis for doing a
> whole host of marvellous things.
>

> There is the Turing test. A good question to ask is "What is the
> difference between laying concrete at 50C and fighting Israel. Google
> translated "wsT jw AlmErkp or وسط جو المعركة " as "central air
> battle". Correct is "the climatic environmental battle" or a more free
> translation would be "the battle against climate and environment". In
> Turing competitions no one ever asks the questions that really would
> tell AGI apart from a brand X chatterbox.
>

> http://sites.google.com/site/aitranslationproject/Home/formalmethods
>

> We can I think say that anything which can carry out the program of my
> blog would be well on its way. AGI will also be the link between NL
> and formal mathematics. Let me take yet another example.
>

> http://sites.google.com/site/aitranslationproject/deepknowled
>

> Google translated it as 4 times the temperature. Ponder this, you have
> in fact 3 chances to get this right.

 <1)  درجة means degree. GT has not translated this word. In this
 <context it means "power".