I got confused with the two kinds of combinations that I was thinking about.
Sorry.  However, while the reordering of the partial accumulation of a
finite number of probabilities, where each probability is taken just once,
can be done with a re algorithm, there is no re algorithm that can consider
all possible combinations for an infinite set of probabilities.  I believe
that this means that the probability of a particular string cannot be proven
to attain a stable value using general mathematical methods but that the
partial ordering of probabilities after any finite programs had been run can
be made, both with actual computed values and through the use of an a
priori methods made with general mathematical methods - if someone (like a
twenty second century AI program) was capable of dealing with the
extraordinary complexity of the problem.

So I haven't proven that there is a theoretical disconnect between the
desired function and the method.  Right now, no one has, as far as I can
tell, been able to prove that the method would actually produce the desired
function for all cases, but I haven't been able to sketch a proof that the
claimed relation between the method and the desired function is completely
unsound.

Jim Bromer