If they were only going to paid-app developers I'd understand your
point, but the seeding program is getting devices to lab attendees,
forum supporters and free app developers as well as paid ones, so
there are a fair number of people in there that won't be making
anything back for Google because either they won't release apps or
they won't charge for them.

As you're no worse off than before you got your email I don't see why
you're sad, I'd understand being sad if you'd had to do something or
pay something specifically to qualify for the 'phone, but in this case
they're rewards for past actions, so you haven't really been put-out
and you're definitely not out of pocket if the 'phone doesn't turn up.

Al.