On 2001.08.22, Mark Hubbard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> - I was able to immediately make an .adp file in
> c:/apps/aolserver34/servers/server1/pages and have it work.  I then did a
> {load c:/apps/tcl/lib/tclodbc2.2/tclodbc.dll Tclodbc} at the top of that
> file, and used that package (nice!), which I already had installed, to
> connect to M$ SQL Server and fetch some data into by browser.  I'm sure this
> is NOT the recommended method of loading a TCL package or library, but it's
> the only way I presently know to do it from within AOLserver. (Any help with
> that would be appreciated).

Why are you using tclodbc to connect to MS SQL Server?  Would you
be interested in trying out my nsfreetds database driver?

  http://panoptic.com/wiki/aolserver/nsfreetds

Yes, it is still very experimental, but it does work (lightly
tested) on several platforms.

Checking the FreeTDS site, I don't see any mention of freetds
building on Win32.  Hmm, that could be a problem.

If you're interested in exploring the possibilities, I'll offer
any help I can.

> At this point I'd like to expound some more on issues that Win users would
> be interested in, like virtual hosting (parsing Host headers and/or URLs).

nsvhr setup on Win32 should be no different than on other platforms,
or maybe I'm mistaken.

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]