Cygwin is a great toolkit, and I heartily recommend it to anyone
who is used to working on Unix.  But I would like to see AOLserver 4
continue to run natively under Win32.  In addition to Cygwin taking
up disk space and adding another layer of debugging / installation /
configuration
complexity, there is a performance penalty - not something I'm excited
about introducing into my web server.
   I don't want to seem ungrateful - I am indebted to Jim, Kris, and the
rest of the AOLserver community for their fantastic work.  I just hate
seeing good features go away.
   Anyway, I will try to build AOLserver 4b2 on top of Cygwin sometime
soon.  In the meantime, please email me if you are interested in
experimenting with this.
Thanks,

Jamie