----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Hoegeman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 11:21 AM
Subject: Re: [AOLSERVER] AOLserver 4 - Win32 not supported?

> Jerry Asher wrote:
> >
> > The decision to drop Win32 has been kicking around for some time now.
> >
> > My interpretation of the chat two weeks ago was that dropping Win32
support
> > should make it easier to make AOLserver more robust and maybe faster in
the
> > UNIX environments.  It will definitely make it an easier application to
> > support.
>
> the biggest down side is that it's harder to sell aolserver if
> you can't say "oh yeah, it runs on windows if you need to deploy it
> there too.."
> it makes AOLserver seem that much more irrelevant to the unwashed
> masses..
>
> i think the real "competitor" to aolserver is apache and if apache runs
> on windows but aolserver does'nt.. it becomes a harder sell..

But the real point is that AS isn't a product..  its a piece of software
that we are reaping the benifits of using.. and as a result they have to do
the stuff that makes the best sense for them...  we are the ones that have
to figure out how to best leverage what they do..

--
 Patrick Spence, MIS
 Mayor Pharmaceutical Labs/Regency Medical Research, Ltd.