> > I'm going to look into this a bit and see if it actually is the
> > problem.  If so it may help to make form.tcl into a C module to speed
> > things up.

It looks like the aolserver HEAD code does something different,
as form.tcl shrank a lot, however ...

> OK, I uploaded a 2 meg file.
>
> It took 11.16 seconds total.  11.12 seconds of that was looking for file
> boundaries.  I simply placed "time" tcl commands at strategic places in
> form.tcl to test this.

I'd like to know what version of form.tcl you are using.  I tested
quickly in an isolated environment (outside of aolserver), and
feeding it about a 1MB file, it parses in about 1.4 secs.  This
is replacing the nsv_ stuff with just array set calls and avoiding
the data to disk copies.  This was on a dual PIII-550 (no threading
in use).

  Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
  Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/
      Tcl Support and Productivity Solutions