> This is correct.  However, the form.tcl is not optimal code.  You
> don't need to go through and search each line.  You start at the
> beginning and break into parts by doing
>
>         string first \n$bound\n $string

I thought about this.  There's no reason it wouldn't work, but you'd have
to be careful. For example, if you were using a block size of, say, 1000
characters, and your boundary was 20 characters long, you'd need to read
the first 1000 characters, do a string first, then get the 1000 characters
starting at 980 -- because the boundary may have started at 990 and ended
at 1010, in which case the string first would not have found it in the
first 1000 characters.  That's a convoluted way of saying it.

> Before you do and spend a lot of time coding form.tcl in C though,
> I would recommend seeing what the AOLServer head is doing.  I didn't
> examine it closely, but it's only about 20 lines of Tcl now.

I suppose you have a good point.  I'll take a look at it.

This is not Simos' problem, though, he is having problems with plain
ns_cptofp.  I myself have never had problems with this, even with large
files.  So I'm curious about it.