Hi,

Just an update on this issue.  I've managed to get gzip compression
running, but instead of using what is built-in aolserver 4, I found
ns_returnz that was modified for aolserver 4 and got that loading.
The bad news is that gzip compression detection is totally on the
application level and not handled by aolserver.  That's a bit weird,
but I think it'll do for now.

Thanks to everyone for helping out here.