Hi All,

I am done with the basic understanding of the configuration of aol4.5.1 and
I have set the following variable for my configuration. Since we have full
openACS files with alot of customization and too much additional TCL files
so I have set the connecitons per threads 1000 and after that it will
destroy which to me initially looks good enough though I didn't go live but
I am planning to go with that. I was just confused on one of the parameter
that is maxruns which I read is that it is the concurrent connection to the
server and I found one of the example where they set maxruns=maxthreads so
my question is should I do the same thing doesn't it mean that it will just
accept 40 concurrent connections in my case? however we have a very busy
site and we don't want that it should be just limited to 40 so I am planing
to set it to 500 please correct me if my understanding is incorrect also
suggest me if there is anything which needs to be tuned more in my below
settings.

set max_threads 40
set max_conns 1000 ;# or ConnsPerThread, i.e. after how many requests
processed by a given thread should it be destroyed, 0 means never.
set min_threads 5
set thread_timeout 120 ;# destroy an idle thread after this many idle
seconds
set max_busy_threads 10
set max_wait 100 ;# max number of threads waiting to be serviced
set max_wait_time 120 ;# seconds to timeout while waiting to be serviced
set max_keep_alive [expr $max_threads * 3]
set stack_size 2097152 ;# 2 MB
set max_upload_limit [expr 20 * 1024 * 1024] ;# 20 MB limit
set max_socks [expr $max_threads + $max_wait + $max_busy_threads] ;# MaxSock
setting to max_threads sum plus MaxWait plus MaxBusyThreads
set nsv_buckets 48

Best Regards,

Majid.