Hi Majid,

maxrun is one way to limit the maximum number of concurrent connections. It allows to limit certain kinds of requests (actually the queueing of incoming requests). See the naviserver man page for an example http://naviserver.sourceforge.net/n/naviserver/files/ns_limits.html

If you have max_threads set to 40, you won't have at any time more than 40 connection threads running (no matter, whether you set the default maxrun to 40 or 500 or leave the default of 100). If you have no special intentions with maxruns, i would recommend to leave it to the default.

In your snippet, you set just some Tcl variables. In several cases it is not obvious how these are used to set the actual config variables of aolserver. For example, the setting of max_keep_alive wonders me: The keep-alive of the server is controlled via the config variable "keepwait", which is a value specified in secs. It is somewhat strange that you seem to bring this in relation with max_threads, ... but maybe, your naming is just misleading.

-gustaf neumann