Fritz Borgstedt ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> >Is this possible to do with ASSP?  Any help would be greatly
> >appreciated.
>
> It would be possible to use the ClamAV viruschecker inside ASSP and
> skip your extra viruschecker altogether.
> You can define in ASSP if it should skip local mails.

That would certainly simplify things, but we're not currently considering that
option.  I've just thought of the scenario of running two instances of ASSP on
the same box, one answering on port 25 for incoming external mail, and another
on a different port used only for local-to-anywhere mail - then I would be
able to set the destination smtp servers independently, right?

Is this even an option?  Would I have to go to a database based ASSP to avoid
file sharing issues?  Please let me know if you think this is a feasible
solution.

I have a tough time believing no-one has run into this problem before - if you
run a separate virus/spam filter that sits between your ASSP and mail servers,
virus checking will continue to function, but spam filtering will suffer (on
the separate spam filter) due to the changed source IP (ASSP's) of the
connection, right?

Francois.