Doug Traylor ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> My internal email does not go to ASSP.  All my internal clients, including
> from VPN traffic, goes directly to our email server application.  Only email
> that is routed to the outside or from the outside goes through ASSP and my
> AV layers.  I have very strict rules in place for incoming external email
> that would not be acceptable for internal to internal mail.
>
> Doug Traylor

It sounds like you have a very similar setup to what we had prior to
implementing ASSP - I changed the routing of our local mail to go via ASSP ->
A/V & spam -> mail server because the way I understand it is that
auto-whitelisting won't work unless you route local mail this way.

And I just want to add that this seems to work quite well - it's just a bummer
that it leaves whatever you do after ASSP and before your mail server with no
way to discern between external and internal mail.

What are your thoughts on running two instances of ASSP on the same box
though?

Francois.