On 12/7/2022 8:00 AM, Rhys Hanrahan wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find a way to build an AGI script or dialplan that can handle a “please just say OR enter the post code (zip code) you want” voice IVR. I already have a speech to text solution working with the AGI Record command and this works. Of course a standard DTMF menu is easily done, but I don’t know how to do both at the same time. I need a non-blocking way to also receive the DTMF digits while listening for a voice at the same time. Or I suppose a non-blocking way to record audio might work, and keep the DTMF Read() as blocking?

My big limitation right now is that we are still on Asterisk 11. I am planning a move to Asterisk 18 but even this doesn’t seem like it would support StoreDTMF which would have probably been a solution.

StoreDTMF is part of Asterisk 18[1].

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+18+Application_StoreDTMF

I would appreciate any ideas on how to do this.