Why not just take them in an ip phone and connect it to an external asterisk box?

Sent from my iPhone

On 20-Feb-09, at 9:11 PM, "Chuck Mariotti" <cmario...@xunity.com> wrote:

Sorry about posting this to Asterisk group, I'm trying to convince a client to replace their BCM with Asterisk. After the pitch, now they want to try the VoIP client with their existing BCM system to see how it works before trusting softphones (and Asterisk).

At the moment, they are using the Nortel VoIP Client I2050 v3 and trying to get it working with the BCM. When we install it, it's asking for a passcode (New Set Registration Password).

There are articles indicating that I just disable the global password setting in the BCM Element Manager (or know the password). Bell set it up and they don't have the password that is currently set.

My question is, if I do disable, will it affect all the existing phones already linked/working? If I change/create another password, will it stop the existing phones from working as well?

Unfortunately, if I disable and all hell breaks loose, I can't just enable it again, since I don't know the original password.

Regards,
Chuck