I'm testing the Intel board and the MSI WindPC unit with our new SoftPBX
on CD (special CF Version).

If you plan to run from CF, do not use the Intel boards, we're having
issues using Intel boards and high performance CF cards.

The MSI WindPC version works great with the onboard CF IDE reader and we
have no issues with the high performance CF cards.

I didn't do any transcoding since we always use uLaw, but the box can
easily support 200 extensions with uLaw (50-70 concurrent calls).

Cheers.

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 19:00 -0500, Chuck Mariotti wrote:
> I have been looking at Atom based systems for a while. I keep drooling over
> these cheapo, compact, low power units.
>
> I'd really like to replace my 1Ghz, 1GB, 1U machine running Asterisk with one
> in an attempt to keep power usage low.  Are these things supported with
> Asterisk/Trixbox?
>
> Is anyone using them or can recommend a board or specific system? Any ideas
> on capacity of users, transcoding, etc?
>
> I have been looking at Jetway and Intel boards.
>
> Any suggested configs (and accessories, riser cards, CF, etc...) or
> alternatives would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Chuck

**