Sorry about posting this to Asterisk group, I'm trying to convince a client to replace their BCM with Asterisk. After the pitch, now they want to try the VoIP client with their existing BCM system to see how it works before trusting softphones (and Asterisk).
>> Why not just take them in an ip phone and connect it to an external asterisk box?

Presumably because the client said "they want to try the VoIP client with their existing BCM system" and the customer is always right. Except when they're trying to use * with BCM.

The trick is to politely convince the client that this is akin to trying to cram a Chevy engine into a Ford - it can be done (maybe), but you really really have to like a lot of pain before you undertake it.

Unfortunately, if I disable and all hell breaks loose, I can't just enable it again, since I don't know the original password.
Does anybody else get a picture of "Cold dead tentacles reaching out from the grave"?