Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.z...@gmail.com> writes:

> I commented out the above code snippet, but nothing will be completed,
> as shown in the attached file.
>
> Here I want to point out two things:
>
> 1. As you can see, without using company-math, it seems that fewer
> candidates are returned.

The upside is that you don't get candidates like \begin which is
nonsense in inline math.  The downside is that AUCTeX only caters for
standard LaTeX and AMSTeX symbols; things like \benzenr provided by
stix2 package are missing.  Patches welcome.

> 2. Without using company-math, I noticed that I must manually run `M-x
> company-complete RET` to trigger the completion in math mode.
>
> Any further tips/comments will be appreciated.

Read the company manual and configure it accordingly.

Best, Arash