,----[ C-h v corfu-auto-prefix RET ]

`----

> 2. Furthermore, my completion candidates list entries are less than
> yours, as shown in the attached screenshot.

If you take a closer look, you'll see that the screenshot I sent had
also a candidate "because" since I hit TAB after only 2 characters, you
have 3 characters "bec" in the buffer where the completion kicks in,
hence one candidate is missing.

In your other mail, you wrote:

> Another problem I noticed:
>
> 3. The speed of triggering the candidate list for the first time is
> very slow, while company-mode does not seem to have this problem.

I don't use use-package, but you'll know that it loads packages lazily,
so if you're using corfu in your .tex file for the first in a fresh
Emacs instance, it has to be loaded; maybe that's the reason.  I observe
the same thing if I deactivate corfu in a .tex buffer and activate
company; it takes a sec before it's ready to go.

Best, Arash