Ryan Nelsestuen schrieb:
It sort of depends on your architecture and who the callers are, but you can
put a GZipFilter in front of your AxisServlet and compress it that way... of
course, that means the client has to be capable of uncompressing gzip as
well as indicating that they support gzip in an HTTP header...

Thx for your input! I thought about HTTP compression before, but what I don't like, is that the SOAP message looks like garbage then to the human eye. Maybe I can find a solution to make it optional for the client. That would at least help the client developer to debug.

-Chris