Hello again. Thanks for your responses.

I have run the samples/ejb exercise, and the EJBs were deployed OK (on the
face of it - they appear in the Axis list of services offered, and I can
look at xxx?wsdl ok) and the SimpleBean said hello back to me no problem. I
couldn't get my client to talk to the NiceThingsBean, though. I think this
is due to either the JNDI name or the namespace given in the .wsdd for the
NiceThingsBean, but I'm not that far with my learning yet that I can fix
it...

Here is the response from Java2WSDL when I run it against the remote
interface of the EJB I want to expose. Please forgive me if I'm being thick
here. :-)

Regards,

Dan

------------------- response from Java2WSDL ----------------------

C:\work\ws>java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL -o sch.wsdl
-l"http://localhost:8080/axis/services/sch"; -n "urn:sch" -p"sch" "urn:sch"
sch.WEBSRVC_ORDER_IN_LMS_Remote
17:01:10,736 WARN   - The class com.ca.gen65.vwrt.vdf.VDF does not contain a
default constructor, which is a requirement for a bean class.  The class
cannot beconverted into an xml schema type.  An xml schema anyType will be
used to define this class in the wsdl file.
17:01:10,814 WARN   - The class java.lang.Character is defined in a java or
javax package and cannot be converted into an xml schema type.  An xml
schema anyType will be used to define this class in the wsdl file.
17:01:10,970 WARN   - The class char is not a bean class and cannot be
converted into an xml schema type.  An xml schema anyType will be used to
define this class in the wsdl file.
17:01:11,002 WARN   - The class java.lang.StringBuffer is defined in a java
or javax package and cannot be converted into an xml schema type.  An xml
schema anyType will be used to define this class in the wsdl file.
17:01:11,033 WARN   - The class com.ca.gen65.vwrt.IExportView does not
contain a default constructor, which is a requirement for a bean class.  The
class cannot be converted into an xml schema type.  An xml schema anyType
will be used to define this class in the wsdl file.
17:01:11,033 WARN   - The class javax.ejb.EJBHome is defined in a java or
javaxpackage and cannot be converted into an xml schema type.  An xml schema
anyTypewill be used to define this class in the wsdl file.
17:01:11,033 WARN   - The class javax.ejb.Handle is defined in a java or
javax package and cannot be converted into an xml schema type.  An xml
schema anyType will be used to define this class in the wsdl file.
17:01:11,033 WARN   - The class javax.ejb.EJBObject is defined in a java or