I have also thought about putting a service-endpoint into ejb-jar.xml, but
by now I am so confused I'm not sure which direction I should be heading.

I haven't done any more than expose a simple EJB like in the Axis sample (I used Interstage EJB container with Axis.war deployed to it). If my understanding is correct, the Axis "EJBProvider" is not much more that a server-side EJB client program which just gets the EJB Home/Remote etc (where the info needed to do this is configured in the wsdd) and calls apropriate methods that the SLSB/wsdd exposes.

On the other hand, the <service-endpoint> in the ejb-jar.xml is something new for EJB 2.1 (see JSR 921). So my understanding is <service-endpoint> is only going to mean anything for a J2EE1.4 compliant container. Also, if you have removed the containers own web service support jars and substituted Axis, I doubt <service-endpoint> is going to work properly.

(Please can somebody correct me if I am wrong!)

Peter.

This is an email from Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd, ABN 27 003
693 481. It is confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which
it was addressed and may contain copyright and/or legally privileged
information. No one else may read, print, store, copy or forward all or any of
it or its attachments. If you receive this email in error, please return to
sender. Thank you.

If you do not wish to receive commercial email messages from Fujitsu Australia
Software Technology Pty Ltd, please email [EMAIL PROTECTED]