On 24 Jan 2007 at 15:51, Also Sprach Jörg Walter:

> On Wednesday, 24. January 2007 13:29, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if it would be possible to contribute to the project a
> > mysql db app? They don't come more dynamic than a db app :)
>
> Did you solve the problem of asynchronous queries?

No. I have no idea how to go about it. I don't believe it could be done
from the application, it would involve some hairy stuff in the DBI, if
it's possible at all. I just have to content myself with not writing
crappy sql :)
A page typically takes 100th of a second to generate on our
production server, which isn't too shabby.

Given the above (I presume it's correct) the ways around it are

1) Have a separate DBI daemon that processes requests and
uses Danga. ie A db request is palmed off to the DBI server
and the DBI server gives Ax2 a kick when the data has been
retrieved. I believe Danga sockets have this capability.

2) Have Ax2 forkable. qpsmtpd which seems very similar to this
has a qpsmtpd-forkserver option. This may or may not be possible
with Ax2

John