On Friday, 26. January 2007 22:50, Wayde Nie wrote:
> I didn't see anything in the archives, but can Axkit2 be used to process
> xml into pdf using Apache fop like Axkit1 was able to do?
>
> If so, can anyone provide a couple of pointers? I've currently got
> Axkit2 and fop (and their prerequisites) installed.

As far as I know there is no finished code yet. You'd have to write a plugin
that calls fop somehow. Writing a simple plugin is easy, it should not take
longer than an hour.

There is, however, a hidden gotcha: If you've followed the mailing list, it's
the same problem as with DBI queries: blocking. fop probably runs for a
while, so you can end up blocking the whole AxKit2 server during that time.

So while a simple plugin would be enough for development purposes, when you go
live you have to enhance that plugin to support asynchronous operation.
That's not too hard, we're still talking about no more than 100 lines of
code, but it's something to keep in mind.

--
CU
Joerg