Hi Matt,

>> It appears $self->client->notes only works within a single plugin,
not
>> between two different plugins :-(

> It only works within the same request - are you trying to pass data

> between multiple requests?

No, I understand that, and it's exactly what I want.

Here's what I'm trying to do: I want to create a generic plugin for
session control. As of my thinking, that should hook the system very
early in the process, even before authentication, etc. So I hook
post_read_request - which, to my regret cannot write cookies so I need
another plugin to update the session cookie - and I then try to pass
userinformation on to the following plugins - like
$self->client->notes('user_id', $user_id).

It works within a plugin in a hook like xmlresponse, but the variable
is empty when I initialize it from my session plugin.

Could it be that notes are read-only in post_read_request - and, if so,
for what reason?

Actually, I would like to pass a bunch of information from my session
plugin to later stages - are notes the best tool for that, or could I
pass, say, a hash in some way?

Regards,
Lars
--