Brian Butterworth wrote:
http://www.blogstorm.co.uk/greedy-bbc-blocks-external-links/1478/

"Greedy BBC Blocks External Links
In an outrageous act of selfishness and greed the BBC <http://news.bbc.co.uk/> has decided to stop giving real links to the websites featured in the "Related Internet Links" section on the right hand side of each news story."

I thought *I* went over the top with things like this. Is is any less evil than wikipedia using rel="nofollow" on all its external links?

I wouldn't call it "evil", but "How is Google supposed to run a link based algorithm if the most trusted sites stop linking to anybody?" is fair comment. I'd be interested to hear why Javascript is not being used instead (either to track click events or to rewrite the HTML in a way that's invisible to spiders).

cheers,

Dan

--
http://danbri.org/