"I might be being a bit blond here, but why even the need to have
"rel=nofollow" at all?

It is supposed to be there to stop automatic and commercial links
polluting search engine rankings."

** Sorry I meant within the BBC related links section specifically. My
bad for not making it clear.

Exactly Brian, I think we are on the same page ... my point is why does
the BBC need to make use of JavaScript, or NoFollow tags for links to
"key" sites related to the story in hand?

End-user generated content is a different matter ...

Gavin Pearce | Web Developer | TBS
The Columbia Centre, Market Street, Bracknell, RG12 1JG, United Kingdom
Direct: +44 (0) 1344 403488 | Office: +44 (0) 1344 306011 | Fax: +44 (0)
1344 427138
MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | Yahoo: pearce.gavin
http://www.tbs.uk.com

TBS is a trading name of Technology Services International Limited.
Registered in England, company number 2079459.