I don't think it is "evil", and as I've pointed out on their blog and
on Sphinn, since Patrick at Blogstorm himself applies "nofollow" to
all outbound links it is a little rich to be complaining that the BBC
doesn't provide 'trusted' links. Interesting point about how Google
can be expected to run a trusted link based algorithm in the future,
but lets not forget it was the search engines that concocted
"nofollow" themselves, and Google is these days notorious for
penalising sites in the rankings that it 'believes' are displaying
paid links that are not clearly marked as advertising. I've blogged a
little about the Blogstorm post as well -
http://www.currybet.net/cbet_blog/2008/11/bbc_news_clumsy_linking.php

cheers,
martin