Stefan Schumacher wrote at about 12:43:44 +0000 on Wednesday, June 17, 2020:

 > > Yes, with backuppc 3.3, you can safely delete any incremental and
 > > full
 > > prior to the full backup that you want to keep. You can't just keep
 > > the
 > > latest incremental though (there are some options if that is what
 > > you
 > > really need).

You can keep incrementals so long as the preceding fulls (and lower
level incrementals remain)

 > > Keep in mind though, that:
 > > a) websites tend to be a lot of text (php, html, css, etc) which all
 > > compresses really well
 > > b) website content may not change a lot, and with the dedupe, you
 > > may
 > > not save a lot of space anyway
 >
 > Hello,
 >
 > thanks for your input. I already have found out that I should not
 > delete  the log files unter /var/lib/backuppc/pc/example.netfed.de/
 > because now it shows zero backups. Good that I tried it on an
 > unimportant system. Do I assume correctly that I can delete the
 > directories themselves safely and they will not be shown in the
 > Webinterface anymore?

You really need to understand how BackupPC 3.x works.
Deleting the backups alone will not recover a *single* byte of storage
as you will only be removing a hard link to the pool file. Plus it
will mess up the web interface etc.

I *strongly*, *STRONGLY* recommend against manually messing with
deleting/copying/moving/renaming etc. raw backup directories unless
you truly know what you are doing.

If you want to remove a backup, best to use a script built to do it
right -- BackupPC_backupDelete. Not sure if it is bundled with 3.x but
it exists out there.