Olivier Lefevre wrote:
> My web service client (i.e., a child of AbstractRPCClient)
> references a custom class in a completely different package,
> which is is in its own jar under webapps/base2/WEB-INF/lib
> That class in turn references net.sf.basedb.ws.server.ServicesUtil
> Upon trying to run the service I got:
>
>    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/basedb/ws/server/ServicesUtil
>
> and I don't have enough experience with Axis or Tomcat to
> understand what is going on. Any suggestion?

That is a server-side class and I don't know what you need to do with
it on the client side. This class can't be used on the client-side since
it would require a full BASE installation locally.

The base2/WEB-INF/lib directory is only available on the server-side as well.
So it is not a good idea to put custom client-side JAR files in there. It
seems like you need to redesign your client side code if it depends on server
side classes.

A good starting point is the web services example that you can download from
http://baseplugins.thep.lu.se/wiki/net.sf.basedb.examples.webservices
It should contain everything you need for developing client side web services.

/Nicklas