Bob MacCallum wrote:
> I just opened a feature suggestion ticket on the subject of being able to
> upgrade base without restarting tomcat.  Currently it seems this is not
> possible, at least with my skills and knowledge.  The official base guidelines
> are to restart tomcat.
>
> http://base.thep.lu.se/ticket/971
>
> Maybe you know better?  Any nuggets of wisdom gladly received on the ticket
> page or mailing list.

We have also tested the Tomcat manager (a long time ago) and found that
it didn't work vere well and that is why our instructions say that you
should restart Tomcat. I don't remember the exact error messages we had,
but they were not always the same.

I think this is a problem with Tomcat. Maybe Tomcat 6 is better at this.
I am closing your ticket as invalid.

/Nicklas