>>>>> Ronan wrote:

Ronan> Oh, right. Sorry, that expires records that haven't been seen
Ronan> in a long time. I was thinking of bbdb-obsolete-net.el in the
Ronan> bits directory.

Ronan> Or here:
Ronan> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg01827.html

Thanks. Nearly what I wanted.

I had already bbdb-canonicalize-net-hook hooked to
rf-handle-gmane-address, that tries to be smart about gmane
addresses. So I came up with this little thing to use both. (Merging
them didn't seem like the right thing to do.)

(defun ml:canonicalize-net-func (net)
  "Call each canonicalize hook in turn"
  (and (equal net (setq net (rf-handle-gmane-address net)))
       (equal net (setq net (bbdb-obsolete-net-canonicalize-net-hook net))))
  net)
(add-hook 'bbdb-canonicalize-net-hook 'ml:canonicalize-net-func)

So it might be a good idea if bbdb-canonicalize-net-hook would take a
list of hooks and apply them in sequence!?

I also said it was nearly what I wanted. There are more attributes
then net. When testing the code I realized that it wouldn't stop the
notice-hook to do it's work. So visiting an old email will, depending
on the definition of the bbdb-auto-notes-alist, possibly do some
unwanted things.

So when there is an obsolete-net found auto-notes'ing should be
disabled so that not old values are inserted in other fields.

Yours
--
%% Mats