Ted Zlatanov <t...@lifelogs.com> writes:

> It's definitely easier to sync to and from CouchDB than the native BBDB
> file format.
>
> If you have details about these other formats you need, that would
> help.  I don't know what your phone and Google expect so I can't say for
> sure if I could generate them on the fly.

Google can deal with vcard and cvs.

I have a reliable way to sync my phone's contacts with Google, so if I
can sync bbdb with Google, I'm good to go.  Presumably this will also be
true for any cell phone I might get in the near future (surely an
android phone will sync nicely with google).

This may be changing, but in my experience, cell phones can be extremely
persnickety about what sort of vcard format they'll accept. So its
probably not worth worrying about direct syncing with my aging nokia
(even though it is ostensibly a "smart phone").

Does your bbdb work tie in with any existing CouchDB efforts? (I think
that there's some way to use Gnome's evolution in conjunction with
CouchDB.)