On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Chris Vine <ch...@cvine.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 9:45:40 -0400
> <fre...@carolina.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> 2.6.32-rc? and wireless-compat was thought to work as well as
>> wireless-testing ... hmmm
>
> Ah right.  I had been trying 2.6.32-rc4 by itself and compat-wireless
> with 2.6.31.  If I build compat-wireless on top of 2.6.32-rc.4 the dma
> errors appear to go away but the encryption modules won't load so it
> is not usable.
>
> I think I will try again in a few months time when things have settled
> down a bit.  (Or possibly pull wireless-testing from git once 2.6.32
> comes out.)
>
> Chris

Could you please try the real wireless-testing tree (as opposed to
compat-wireless)?

Also, what I noticed is that everyone with this problem appears to
have an Intel Atom CPU... weird. Maybe something weird is going on
with the Atom chipset's DMA handling.

--
Vista: [V]iruses, [I]ntruders, [S]pyware, [T]rojans and [A]dware. :-)