On 10/18/2009 11:35 AM, Chris Vine wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 21:35:54 +0200
> Gábor Stefanik <netrolller...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Could you please try the real wireless-testing tree (as opposed to
>> compat-wireless)?
>>
>> Also, what I noticed is that everyone with this problem appears to
>> have an Intel Atom CPU... weird. Maybe something weird is going on
>> with the Atom chipset's DMA handling.
>
> I get the DMA errors with both the master and linville branches of
> wireless-testing.
>
> Since b43 works correctly after a warm boot from a loaded wl module, I
> suspect it is more likely to be something amiss with the loading
> of the firmware or with device initialisation.

Remember that most of us do not get this error. I think that something
is amiss with your motherboard, the PCIe bridge, or the interface
between the chip and the PCIe buss. Without the error on my machine,
it is very difficult to debug.

Please post the output of the command 'sudo lspci -nnvvv' for the
BCM43XX device in the case of a cold boot (when it fails) and the case
of a warm boot from a loaded wl.

In addition, please post the particulars of your computer.

Larry