On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:22, Xu Peter<xzpe...@gmail.com> wrote:
snip
> I really want to take part in the programs Shlomy mentioned, but I don't
> think I'm capable now, since I found that still don't know how to use "git".
> Maybe I have to do more study before I get to know how to take part in it?
snip

For now all you need to know about git is:

* Create a local copy of repository:

git clone REPO_URL

For instance,

git clone git://github.com/shlomif/catable.git

If you get a GitHub account and fork catable, you can say

git clone g...@github.com:YOUR_USERNAME/catable.git

you will then be able to push changes back to you GitHub repo.

* After changing a file in the local copy:

git add filename

* When you are done with modifications for a given feature/bug (all of
the files added with add will get committed):

git commit

* When you want to push changes back to a writable remote repo:

git push

* When you want to get changes from a writable remote repo

git pull

You may want to sign up for github.com.  This will let you fork
projects like App::Catable.  When you have your own fork you can push
your changes to it and then issue a pull request to other people who
have that project on GitHub.

--
Chas. Owens
wonkden.net