I've long been looking for a nice, rounded, buckle
collar.  The flat one that Louis has at the moment is
fine but ruins his hair.
I've looked for a long time now but never come across
one, here in The Netherlands.  The other day I was in
a pet shop and a very helpful and very, very tall and
muscular young man explained that I should be using a
harness and not a collar for a dog of Louis's size.
Although Louis is not generally a puller he can be
aggressive with some male dogs.  If I see potential
trouble I put the Halti on him.  The man explained
that he had a St Bernard and a Mastiff and that his
wife could control them with a harness!  I would have
thought you would be fighting the full weight of the
dog using a harness!  I've never used a harness on
Louis.  Believe me this young man looked like he could
halt a bus ....... not sure what his wife looked like!
 I don't recall anyone on the List recommending using
a harness for control.  Was he right?
Rhona Vantine