In a message dated 07/11/2003 2:49:50 AM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Was he right? >>

My experience over the years is that there is far LESS control with a harness
than a collar as the dog can throw its entire weight into the chest strap.
That's one of the reasons harnesses are used in drafting rather than just
hitching the cart to the collar.  I sincerely doubt, unless one of the special "no
pull" harnesses are used, there would be greater control.  I think you are
doing fine using the Halti when you anticipate problem behavior.

Anne Copeland (Flash CGC, TDIA, 9 yrs. old, Berner; Gypsy CGC, TDI, 2 yrs.
old, Cavalier)
Northern Illinois   [EMAIL PROTECTED], Corr. Sec. BMDCA