It worked for me so there is something limiting in your environment or
there is something wrong with the steps.

Which copy buffer? On your desktop or on the iPad?

If you have not already done so, please get familiar with successfully
moving several single files from your desktop to your iPad before tackling
moving a large jt files such as addons/math/misc.