i'm almost there ...
On my Win7  I ran (beware line breaks):
jt'c';'C:\Users\david\j64-602-user/test.jt';'C:\Users\david\j64-602\addons\';'games'

(<'C:\Users\david\j64-602-user/test2.html')jattach
<'C:\Users\david\j64-602-user/test.jt'

(returns 131617 chars written).
mailed test2 to myself
Opened it in iPad.mail, copied to clipboard, returned to J typing
jcbtof '~/t.jt'
The content of file t.jt looks reasonable and  its size is 129050.
1!:0<'j/t.jt'
 returns  129050.

But when i run
jt'x';'~/t.jt';'addons/games'
i get assertion failure:
assert(#fd)=fd frwrite p

When I run
1!:0<'j/addons/*'
I can see the directories for convert graphics ide and labs
games isnt there.

I get the same assertion error for
jt'x';'~/t.jt';'~addons/games'
jt'x';'~/t.jt';'~/addons/games'
but in both cases the games directory is created
aIn both cases it is empty.

No doubt something simple.
Brief description of how the character ~ is resolved in
file and path names would be helpful.

Rgds
David